My Whole New Lesen

A week past since the begining of my new semester. This semester I have a brand new topic of European Study, Germany. That means I have to understand the development of Germany. At first I had little interest in the history of Germany, because I think there is nowhere special except the part of Hitler. However after the first class I found that this year will be exciting and challenging.
The main purpose of this course is to understand the interesting way of development of Germany compared to the countries like France.The history of Germany is not that smooth, but quite unique and hard.
How to pu this? At first Germany was called the Holy Roman Empire, but the emperor held no actual power, the nation was in a loose confederation. After the collapse, Germany adopted no democracy, yeah...there was revolutions, but they did not succeed in establishing democratical power. Later was the second Empire built by Bismak, the third one was by Hitler. What my Prof trying to do in this course is to prove that the German had and have the cultrue of democracy, the reason why those empires and Hitler came to power lied not in cultural reason, but others. He will exam those reasons.
But I am doubtfull, I think Germany do has a culture differed from France, the people in Germany sometimes hope the appearance of a strong leader, especailly in crisis. Some famous historians, too think in this way. Even the witnesses in the government of Hitler regarded the reason why Hitler came to power was the hope of German people.
Maybe Hess will convincing me, who knows, just go and see and learn.

0 评论: