Exhibition and a Discussion about Religion

I made myself a promise that I will go and see the exhibition held by British Museum in Hong Kong. And today I did.
From this small exbihition, I can tell how great the British Museum is, besides the Cairo Museum I love, British Museum is my second favourite! One day I will go to see the real Museum in England! And this is a new promise made to myself and Kemet Gods and Goddesses!
The items on display are selected from British Museum, and it covers the period from pre-history to later Europe, and geographically it covers the entire world. Although the theme is great, it also means the items will be limited. As a result the whole exbihition only display 250 items. And not all of them are the real treasures from British Museum. Anyway some items did impress me a lot.
First of all is two papyrus from ancient Egypt. They contains the most important religious articles called the Book of the Dead. And the second piece of the Queen's Lyre, it is so beautiful and luxurious but very peaceful. It seems can be played any minute. The last one is a statue dipicted the wine god from Greece. No need to say, he is extremly handsome and pure. The skills of ancient craftsmen is unbelievable.


After the exhibition, I went to see the sea view. When I was sitting one the platform with my friend, suddenly two girls showed up and asked us if they could sit down and talked about religion.
Immediately I realized that they were going to persuade us to convert to Christianity. I smiled and did not say no. God knows why at that time I did not say no!? They began to ask if I have religion, and I said Yes, and I am a heretic. They stared me for several seconds and then looked at me interestingly and surprisingly. But they did not lose confidence to persuade me. They asked why I believe in Kemet, and I said I do not know why. They then wondered what is in that religion, I said something to them, and they asked me if I was confident enough to go to the paradise and I also siad yes. They did not give up, they mentioned the Sin. But I nenver buy the saying that I have sin, and I born to have sin, why?? No!!
I told them I did not but this saying in their religion, and I said religion is a personal affair, no one can intervene. I knew Christianity pretty well, but I never felt I belong there. But they continued saying: only the belief in Jesus can offer me the enterance to paradise, and real purity. Oh, Amun-Re, Jesus again! I do not think he is a god, I consider him always a human being. I am not comfortable worshipping a human as a god. In Islam and Juaism, Jesus is always a man, but in Christianity,he was deliberately made a god. And also I think Christianity is a copy of other religion. In all I would not convert. I tried hard to end this conversation, and I stood frim with my own religion. But this conversation was interesting,hehe.

0 评论: