the King and I

Anna and the King is one of my favourite movies. I like it because it is exotic and romatic. The love affaire between a commer and a King is attractive, besides it happens in a land with very unique culture and tradition.
I used to think that this story must be a pure fiction, but since the book I have read yesterday, I knew that it was true.
Once there was a young lady, whose husband was dead of war, was invited by a King in Tailand to be his children's teacher. She was called also Anna. She took his son with her and did go to Tailand.Thsi was brave action for a woman in 18th century(Maybe, I can't remember the time). Anna was special, because she was absorbed by all those foreign sight, so significant, so beyong the expression. She liked exploration very much, she once went to the Great Temple of Angkor Wat, and was completely conquered by the magnificant beauty of the temple. She thought the temple was the heaven on earth. Indeed I think so too, hehe. She went to the court of this Tailand King and spent there maybe several mounths or years, I do not know. And I also don't know whether they had love between them. Maybe the love is fiction. During the stay, Anna wrote a book called : The King and I, recording the events there. What she experienced, what she saw in the palace, waht she heard...
Just now I was searching some films to kill time, all of a sudden a name jumped into my eyes: The King and I. Waha, there is a film about this story even before the film Anna and the King. I immediately began to download it. Hahaha:>
By the way the book I read is called:東南亞:重新找回的歷史。

0 评论: