Cambodian Trip, Part 3

During the second day in Cambodia, the visit of a tomb really impressed me very much. It is not exactly a tomb in the normal sense, but it is more likely to be called as a monument which is filled with skulls from uncountable victims in the past history. In cambodian history, there was once a group of communists who controlled the destiny of Cambodia, like the Cultural Revolution in China during the 1970s(Maybe), those communists persecuted a great muber of people, mainly scholars and people who have been educated. The place I visited is actually execution ground in the past, my guide told me that there were so many people were killed that later the government built a monument only for storing the skulls of those victims. Thhis was my first time to see so many skulls in front of me, so lifeless, so pale and so horrible. My heart was trembling all the time. This is really a place of the dead, the entire ground was covered by the atmosphere of death.
Walking around the monument, I could easily find the bones from the dead, I tried to avoid stepping on those bones, I was afraid to disturp those people, really I was afraid. Alone that rpad, I found that a pile of bones were collected by people, putting them into a small house made of wood, serving as a tomb, I guess.
I think human beings are the most brutal creatures on earth. There is no need to compare. People can simply kill their fellows just because of different opinions, different perspectives, differnet religions.
Yesterday I met a boy on the plane, who is studying in Yale. He too have no good feeling about religion, especailly Christianity. Those so called believers took the name of defence of religion, in fact they just wanted their own profitable interests. Those cambodian communists were the same.

0 评论: