I Had Dinner with My Professor

Days ago, I heard my friends who are under the mentorship ( I am under the mentorship of a another teacher)of the hotest professor were talking, that they would have dinner with Prof. I thought, Okay, they would have something to do.
But one day, one of them told me that I was asked by Prof to go with them. Immediately I was surprised to hear the news, why? It is a mentorship activity, it has nothing to do with me, why ask me? Later I was offered more info that we would have dinner at a Egyptian restaurant. Then I thought, oh well, it makes sense now that once I told Prof that I love Egypt, clearly he didnot forget. I felt warm.

And today I had my dinner with him. The restaurant is very Egyptian feel or Middle East feel. Dim lights with Islamic decrorations, Egyptian posts and old Egyptian films.
Before the dinner we worried that Prof was going to talk to us about the third year in Germany, how he have decided to put us. I told him that I wanna go Goettingen but one classmate has the same choice...It is all up to Prof to decide.
During the dinner we 5 all ordered beer called Sakara from Egypt. But the aitress came up and told us that that was only one bottle left in storage. Surprisingly Prof said that I should get this bootle of beer. What should I say, nur Danke! How should I read it, as a sign of letting me going to Goettingen or just because of my love to Egypt? And I was touched and...After that we chated for 4 hours, from moive to German people, life in Germany, food all around the world...everything, and it was very interesting, and Prof's personal charm was proved again.
Finally we came to the problem of third year, Prof said that Goettingen uni is very excellent and students there are all regarded themselves very intelligent and try to prove to Prof and make impression. It will be very challenging to go there, besides that, the living envirnment is quite good. Whe Prof was talking he looked at me and finally he toasted with me. I donot how to read the sign, but other friends all agreed that Prof has said Yes...Who knows?
I finished the beer, a whole bottle...we left at around 22:00. I wanna sleep...

0 评论: