4th.April.2007: the First Day in Cambodia

I have dreamed of going to Cambodia for a long time. Since the last failure of going there, this was my second try. And thanks to Amun-Re, I finally could make it. But in fact the pressure imposed on this trip was quite...I chose a time which can be seen as the end of the semester, during which quite a lot of work: exam, termpaper,presentation will be assigned. And I had all of them. But all these work can not move my decision: I wanna go and I will go!
My travelling agent called me yesterday, telling me something that was important. But I considered myself a good traveller who has good knowledge...
I woke up 9:00 this morning, because I suddenly remembered that the guide told me to be at the airport around 12:55, but I also suddenly realized that 9:00 was too early, so I gave myself another 1 hour of sleeping. After the lunch, I formally started my Cambodian trip!
When I arrived the airport, my guide told me that I was the first one. Look, how excited I was...I had nothing to do but reading after the individual checkin. The book was written very early, so some expressions were hard for me, but I had no choice, because this was my termpaper book...I planned to finish reading during my trip, but I knew that 80% plans made by myself can not be achieved. However, at that time, reading was the only way to kill time. I heard that my plane would be delayed its taking off until 15:45, so I thought this was the time that I should get one the plane, and then I left my departure gate, trying to find some book stores. Without reading few words in the book, I received a call from my guide telling me that I should have on board now which I was not! I was late! But I remembered that the time should be 15:45, now was 15:00. The only explanation was I was wrong of time! I almost late for the plane, what a mistake!
Anyway, I was in time for my plane and had a 2-hour-flight. When I arrived in Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, it was 5:00( Local time). Then I had my first supper in Cambodia in a Chinese restaurant called :Fat Sheep, funny name...But the taste was not bad,haha.
After supper, the local guide found the time was early, so it would not hurt to take us go for a drive in the capital. It is a small city which is still in building, because of the bloody war took place in Cambodia.Obviously, I can come to a conclusion that it will take a long time for Cambodia to catch up. But guide told us that although the capital in still under construction, the country currently is poor, her people is the most kind and hardworking. And something interesting is that the Cambodians have a very healthy habit: getting up early and sleeping early. 9PM is too late for them.
After the drive I arrived in hotel. It was a five-star hotel, the room was quite comfortable, especially the bathroom.
Everything went extremely well on the first day in Cambodia except my termpaper reading...

0 评论: