Writing Spring Festival Scrolls


This was my first time of going to the Global Cafe, and sadly this was because of the forceful request of my roommate. She told me that we could write soem Chinese Spring Festival Scrolls there, and it did interest me a little. So I went there.
As a child, my father taught me the Chinese Calligraphy for about five or six years. But when I entered the secondary school, the practice ceased. So far I can remember, I have not picked up the brush for about... I do not know, but it must be very long.
On Tuesday, 6:30, I went the Global Cafe. The time I reached there was a little bit late, it had already begun. And my roommate and I found a place, picked up some paper and two brushes. To be honest, I even did not know how to begin the construction of the scroll. Since I have been in Hong Kong for a year and half, seldom did I use Chinese characters for writing. So sometimes I even could not think the character up. Well I chose the simplest charaters, I was quite sure that I could write them well, but the result turned opposite. The characters were so weird under my brush, and it was very hard for me to admit this fact. Anyway, I tried my best hard to finish the scrolls and I did, but very ugly.

0 评论: