I Wanna Go to Chicago Uni!

I spent an entire evening seaching in Internet for Master course in Egyptology. So far I have not jet changed my plan to become an Egyptologist, and I think I will never change. That is why I am learning German.
I knew some unis which offer Master couses in this field, and I have searched unis in England: the most famous two Cambrige and Oxford, but I do not think I can reach the requests set by those unis, neither one requries a BA nor I have to achieve a GPA around 3.5 or 3.8. For me it is already inpossible. So I turned to USA, and I knew that Chicago uni is quite famous for Egyptology, and I searched info, although the demands for students are very....high, at least I get a chance to apply, but it will be really......hard:
  • official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended;( this is okay....)
  • a minimum of three letters of recommendation submitted by persons able to describe your achievements and promise;(maybe I can ask my prof for this)
  • your statement of purpose, which should describe the intellectual issues and historical/linguistic/archaeological subjects which you hope to explore at the University of Chicago;( I can write)
  • a writing sample of approximately 20 pages: research paper or an MA thesis (usually more than 20 pages, perhaps with a specific section highlighted) that reflects your ability to present the question; to present consistent arguments using clear expository prose; to exhibit critical thinking; and to support a conclusion using correctly formatted footnotes and bibliography; (.......maybe I can write.....)
  • your scores from the Graduate Record Examination(GRE): less than five years old, no minimum score required; send the scores to University Code 1832, Department Code 2999;
  • for non-native English speakers, your scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
    • minimum score of 600 with a minimum of 60 in each section on the paper test;
    • minimum score of 250 with a minimum of 25 in each section on the computerized test if taken prior to September 2005;
    • minimum score of 26 in each section on the computerized test if taken September 2005 or after.( I have to get 104 out of 120...oh my Gods!)
but at least I still have the possibility to apply.........
and I really like this uni, jet I have not seached unis in Germany, maybe later I will have more choices........Oh Amun-Re!!

0 评论: